A beautiful family who knows how to put together outfits! Fall family mini session Hinton, Alberta
I just love this family! They have hired me a number of times and I know the photos will always be amazing. Amazing photos with young kids? Yes, it is possible. It is even more possible when the children are looking sweet in coordinating outfits. I cannot stress enough how important is it to really consider what your family will wear for photos. I mean, if you are going to invest in photography, you should be wearing timeless and beautiful clothing so that the images will look great in an album or on your walls for years to come.
Some tips for good family photo outfits:
1. Keep the colours neutral overall with a few pops of colour.
2. Lay everything out together and ensure it jives.
3. Try everything on a week before pictures. There is nothing worse than finding out your son's suit doesn't fit anymore 20 minutes before your session.
4. Don't match. White t-shirts and blue jeans for the whole family is OUT!
5. Avoid big logos, cartoons, or words on shirts.
6. Don't forget about the shoes! Have them match the style of your outfit...or go barefoot.
My #1 tip for coordinating family outfits ↓
Ask your photographer. A good photographer will be able to help you coordinate clothing. Heck, I have even gone through client's closets with them to find hidden gems. Best of all, I have a huge clothing rack in my studio of beautiful pieces that clients can borrow for sessions. I have baby, kids, and women clothing is a variety of sizes. Just ask, I bet I can find something that will make you look fantastic!
Wedding and Family photographer serving Hinton and Jasper, Alberta.