So you took my picture....now what?
Let's face it, good photography is an investment. Did you ever wonder why? Most clients assume I take their picture, upload it to my computer, make some prints and voila! However, good photographers do so much more. A good photographer is on the job the minute you contact them. They are thinking of creative poses, locations and props. They are inputting your information into their client database. They are cleaning their cameras, or buying a new (and never affordable) lens so that your pictures are even better than you imagined. And all of this before they ever snap your picture.
The next step is the most wonderful one: the photoshoot! Great photographers spend so much time doing the other business stuff that they relish the time they get to actually take pictures.
I'm sure every photographer is different, but here's what I do after a shoot:
1. Immediately after a shoot I download all images off the camera onto my computer and two external hard drives (I would never want a technical failure to be the reason you have no pictures of your wedding).
2. Triage all the pictures and assign them a star rating. This helps me show you only the best of the session.
3. Create a personal client website for your session and place all the images there for you to view and select your package.
4. Once you've selected you favourites, I get to work editing all the pictures to remove blemishes, touch up colour and add a special creative touch. (See examples below)
5. Finally, your prints sent to the lab or a digital copy is burned and you are enjoying the images for decades!
Wedding and Family photographer serving Hinton and Jasper, Alberta.